Owning Her Innocence

Owning Her Innocence - Alexa Riley 1.5 stars

As much as I love the cover, the book fell short and I was disappointed.

The story is about a young girl who's turned eighteen. Her dad is giving her a party while saying to her to grow up. Her mom passed away years ago and now it's only her, her father and William. He's her father's best friend and has been like another daddy since she's a baby. He's been avoiding her lately but she doesn't know it's because he wants her in more way than she could imagine.

I didn't grow attached to the characters. Haley was acting like she was a young child who doesn't know anything about sex. It was kinda ridiculous at times and I wanted to roll my eyes.

Also, the guy just seemed to not care at all if he was too rough for her first time and that irritated me. When he said he'd never take advantage of her, I called bullshit because when the girl was drugged and asleep, what did he do? He stripped her naked, tied her to his bed, blindfolded her... oh and yeah he may have jerked off on her while she was unconscious, but no big deal right?
description
description

I enjoyed a few moments (I won't deny that some were hot and William could be a sexy Alpha when he wanted), I liked the Daddy part but I expected more from this book. It was short and I wish I enjoyed it more but some details stopped me from doing that. I'm not a prude and it's not because I can't enjoy a DD/LG relationship though, because I have before.

***ARC received through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review***